WORKSHOP May 3, 2016: Developing Solar on Landfills & Brownfields in Michigan
Grand Rapids — On May 3, 2016, from 9:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., TRC is hosting an exclusive free educational event where land banks can learn how to turn a brownfield or landfill into a “Brightfield” solar energy development, earning new revenue and helping to create clean energy.
The panel will include experts from the EPA, local government and the solar-power industry. TRC invites MALB members to join them to find out:
- How to know if your land can accommodate a solar array;
- How to attract a solar developer;
- Whether it makes financial sense to build solar in Michigan;
- Who will use the electricity;
- How to protect your landfill cap when building solar;
- How state policy affects Brightfield development; and
- What help is available from the government.
TRC’s own experts will also present case studies of successful Brightfield development throughout the U.S.
Who should attend? Anyone involved in or considering solar development on landfill or brownfields. Space is limited. RSVP here.